HMO Condemned as Death Trap
Nine tenants given four days to pack up and leave premisis.
Officers from Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) and Highland Council found life-threatening electrical, hygiene and fire safety concerns at the unlicensed house in multiple occupation (HMO) in Inverness. The Inverness Courier has reported that nine tenants were given four days to pack up and leave their home after it was condemned as a death-trap and their landlord could not be traced.
The premises, Drumdevan House, comprised of an eight-bedroomed listed building, neighbouring summer house and two caravans. The building appears to have fallen into considerable disrepair.