How we use your information
Collecting your personal information
We can get your personal information when you:
- Buy a product or service from us
- Register for a specific product or service
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us
- Ask us for more information about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey
- Use our services
- Visit or browse our website or other Quantum Compliance websites or App
- We may also collect information about you from other organisations, if this is appropriate. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories and credit reference agencies. We may also collect information about you from other companies, our business, or joint venture partners.
Understanding what you want
This, in turn, helps us make our website relevant to your interests and needs. We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays linked to your browser) to record your details so we can recognise you if you visit our website again. See the next section for more details.
The personal information we collect
The information we collect about you depends on the Quantum Compliance products and services you use and subscribe to. It includes (but isn’t limited to) the following:
- Your name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address
- Credit or debit card information, information about your bank account number and sort code or other banking information
- Your preferences for particular products, services or lifestyle activities when you tell us what they are – or when we assume what they are, depending on how you use our products and services
- Your contact with us – such as a note or recording of a call you make to one of our offices, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us
- Your account information – such as dates of payment owed and received, the subscription services you use or any other information related to your account
We’ll also get information on how you use our products and services, such as:
- The phone numbers that you call or send messages to (or the phone numbers that you receive these calls and messages from)
We may use and analyse your information to:
- Process the goods and services you’ve bought from us, and keep you updated with your order progress
- Keep you informed generally about new products and services (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages)
- Provide the relevant service or product to you and to contact you with messages about changes to the service or product
- Contact you with information based on how you use our products and services.
- Bill you for using our products or services
- Respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our products or services
We’ll store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there’s no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as we need it. We’ll also keep some personal information for a reasonable period after any working relationship has finished – just in case you decide to use our services again. We, or one of our partners, may contact you about Quantum Compliance services during this time if you haven’t opted out of receiving marketing communications from us.
Sharing your personal information
We may share information about you with:
- Partners or agents involved in delivering the products and services you’ve ordered or used
- Companies who are engaged to perform services for, on behalf of Quantum Compliance
- Credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies
- Debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations
- Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law
- Emergency services
- We’ll release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
If we’re reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation.
We may need to transfer your information to other group companies or service providers in countries outside the EEA (European Economic Area). This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside the EEA, or if you use our services and products while visiting countries outside this area.
We may also share your information with partner organisations we’ve chosen carefully, so they can contact you about their products and services.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have measures in place to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction.
If we have a contract with another organisation to provide us with services or a service on our behalf to process your personal information, we’ll make sure they have appropriate security measures and only process your information in the way we’ve authorised them to. These organisations won’t be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes. If necessary, our team will check them to make sure they meet the security requirements we’ve set.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered – as this is the nature of the internet. We can’t accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control.
Your privacy rights
You can write to us at any time to get a copy of the personal information we hold about you. There’s a charge of £10 to cover the cost of providing this information.
If you believe we’re holding inaccurate information about you, please contact our customer services team (through the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website) so we can correct it.
If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us, please contact our customer services team and you’ll be ‘opted out’. (You can get in touch with customer services through the Contact Us page on our site.)
You can choose to opt out of all marketing communications or to opt out of marketing in one of several ways (such as email, text, phone or post).