Savills plc is a global real estate services provider listed on the London Stock Exchange. We have an international network of more than 500 offices and associates throughout the Americas, the UK, continental Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, offering a broad range of specialist advisory, management and transactional services to clients all over the world. Savills combine entrepreneurial spirit and a deep understanding of specialist property sectors with the highest standards of client care.
This case study details how, through vigilant working practices, personal working relationships and constant attention to detail, our partnership with Savills has grown exponentially. We began working with Savills in 2003 initially undertaking Health and Safety Risk Assessments. Following on from this we were awarded the contract to carry out Water Risk Assessments across their portfolio and in 2012, our involvement with Savills further increased to carrying out Fire Risk Assessments. Finally in 2014 we were awarded the Health and Safety Training contract, which involves the delivery of training courses from awareness courses to IOSH and NEBOSH accredited courses.
All services are provided by a dedicated responsive team who work solely with Savills. Our team comprises highly competent experts in Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Water Safety and Asbestos Safety. Many of our consultants are trained, qualified and accredited across more than one risk discipline.
Our approach to delivering services is based upon:
- Exceeding client expectations where possible.
- By ensuring customer care remains at the forefront of all client interactions.
- By holding bi-monthly internal review meetings with the team, to ensure all activity is assessed, ideas on improvements proposed and site visit findings discussed.
The following service delivery standards are now in place:
- Site visits to be arranged within 3 working days of acceptance of new business.
- Reports to be completed and issued within 10 working days.
- 24 – 7 hour support.
Streamlined monitoring and reporting function to target resources based on risk.
- Avoided unnecessary compliance i.e. identifying ‘over the top advice’.
- Combined visit disciplines to reduce cost and time by 50% e.g. undertaking a fire and health and safety risk assessments.
- Negotiated with enforcement bodies to minimise formal enforcement, e.g. fire officer in relation to the adequacy of the means of escape within a large office.
- Introduced a new compliance management platform (Qcompliance).
- Rolled out new reporting generating software using iPads for consultants (and clients) to produce reports more efficiently.
- Developed induction training and site training programmes.
- Audited third party advice to ensure most pragmatic and cost effective.
- Contributed to improving health and safety culture.