Quantum Compliance continues to grow its portfolio management client base and with this success, comes the need for additional expert consultants. With this increase in workload, Quantum Compliance is sourcing highly competent consultants, and the latest is Mick Dawson.
Mick joins Quantum’s Asbestos Management division as their Asbestos Technical Expert. He has over 25 years’ experience, advising on asbestos issues and throughout his career, has worked for some of the largest asbestos consultancies in the UK. He specialises in providing duty holder responsibilities and asbestos awareness training, the development and implementation of asbestos management systems, practical assessment, site auditing, design and procurement of remediation projects.
Mick has extensive experience of working with duty holders, ensuring that the primary concerns of complying with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (in particular, the duty to manage), are efficiently addressed. For example:
- implementation of management plans;
- control of building work and contractors;
- management survey information in order to compile an asbestos register;
- asbestos awareness training for anyone carrying out maintenance or repairs; and
- prior to work beginning on the structure of buildings, instruction on intrusive refurbishment and demolition surveys.
Mick has also worked extensively with licenced contractors, ensuring compliance through refresher training, site, office and system auditing, tracking HSE advice and preparing comprehensive method statements.
Finally, Mick is an examiner for the BOHS Certificate of Competence in Asbestos, tutors and practically assesses candidates for the Proficiency Modules.
Quantum Compliance’s mission statement is to be the ‘go-to’ compliance advice consultancy for the portfolio management sector, specialising in:
- Health and Safety.
- Fire Safety.
- Water Safety.
- Asbestos Safety and Management.
- Environmental Management.
For further information, please contact Quantum Compliance on 0800 644 4142 or email@example.com.