Skills and qualities:
David comes from an engineering background with Rolls-Royce Ltd, and has 30 years experience within the fire service fulfilling strategic roles in fire safety engineering and strategic management and enforcement of fire safety legislation.
Education and training:
- BSc (Hons) Fire Risk Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma Strategic Management
- HNC Fire Safety Studies
- Fire Safety Inspecting Officers Certificate
- Fire Scene Investigation Course (Fire Service College)
- Certificate in Fire Scene Investigation (Institution of Fire Engineers)
- NEBOSH Certificate
David has experience of management, assessment and analysis of risk from fire at international events. He has worked closely with the International Commonwealth Games Federation providing strategic leadership and direction for fire safety for the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
David holds corporate membership of the Institution of Fire Engineers, individual membership of the Fire Protection Association and is a Member of the Chartered Management Institute. He is a General Council member of the Scottish Institution of Fire Engineers, and is an external verifier for Scottish Qualifications Authority.